We have broad experience in representing clients in a wide range of drug matters including:
- Cultivation of Narcotic Plants- Commercial Quantity and Large Commercial Quantity
- Trafficking in a Drug of Dependence
- Possession of a Drug of Dependence
- Possession of Methamphetamines (ICE)
- Possession of Heroin
- Possession of Ecstasy
- Possession of Cannabis
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Steroids
The approach we take in a matter depends on the particular circumstances of your case. The penalties increase based on the quantity of drugs alleged as well as whether the drugs were for personal use or not.
In cases involving the possession of smaller quantities of prohibited drugs our aim is to avoid conviction as this may have a serious impact on future employment and overseas travel.
If a client pleads guilty to drug charges we seek appropriate rehabilitation and counselling services before their court appearance as this shows the court that the client is attempting to turn their life around for the better.
If a client pleads not guilty to charges we thoroughly examine the evidentiary material in order to show that the charges are not supported by the facts.
Typical issues in drug charges that we analyse are:
- Whether the substance was a prohibited drug
- Whether the client had knowledge of the substance in their possession
- Whether the alleged transaction can be deemed trafficking in that substance